DELIVER US FROM EVIL


GOD WILL NEVER TEMPT YOU
You and I wouldn’t likely claim God tempts us. However, most of us have at some point gotten ourselves into a bad situation and said, “God, how could You let this happen to me?” 
In these moments, when we face the result of our own actions, we have to make a decision about how we’ll see God. If we think He’s responsible for the outcome, then aren’t we saying He tempted us? 
James 1:13 teaches we shouldn’t say God tempts us. 

In the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus models for us a God Who does not lead us into temptation, but delivers us from evil. When we realize God is not our tempter, we can see Him for Who He is—our Savior.

Consider: Think about the last time you blamed God. Were you also able to see Him as your Savior? Is there anything you need to stop blaming God for?

Prayer: Thank you Father for this great revelation. Forgive me Lord for the many times I have blamed you for results of my own inactions which is caused by my lust of the flesh and earthly desires. Help me by your grace to depend on you daily. In Jesus name, Amen.

Scripture References:
1. James           1:13
2. Matthew     6:13
3. Psalm        37:4


Source: A Way Out Devotional

Comments

  1. I have been there, and I know you also have been at one point or another.

    Be encouraged even as you read and meditate on this piece and the scriptures.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE LOVE STORY; A PRE-VALENTINE TALK

THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION: EMBRACING FORGIVENESS AND SPIRITUAL RENEWAL

THE UNCONDITIONAL PURSUIT: A CALL TO BELONG.